Sunday, November 21, 2004

A Toast In Rememberance...

Mom, Aunt Fran & Aunt Betty
Got word over the weekend that my Aunt Fran (center in the above picture) was killed in an automobile accident in Florida. My heart goes out to my cousin, Kim. She didn't get a chance to say goodbye... something I was fortunate enough to have when my parents passed away. Music always has a place in my life, no matter how hard the times can be. In fact, music can often act as a warm hug and a necessary forced smile. Just enough to know that everything will be alright, somehow.

"You're Always Going Too Soon" Matthew Jay (2001)
"...all this time has fallen through me since you've been gone."

"Goodbye" Emmylou Harris (1995)
"...most Novembers I break down and cry."

"Black" Pearl Jam (1991)
"...and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass of what was everything."

"Road" Nick Drake (1972)
"...you can take the road that takes you to the stars now, I can take a road that'll see me through."

"Life Without You" Stevie Ray Vaughan (1985)
"...all the love you've passed our way. The angels have waited for so long. Now they have their way. Take your place."

I'll post a happier top 5 soon... Please drive safely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suze said...

I'm so sorry David.

music IS like a warm hug.
if it wasn't for music, i would never get a hug :)

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home