Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Separated At Birth?

Yasser Starr
After taking over a month off from the daily Hi-Fives blog entries, I've decided to give it a go once again. Let's see if I can handle posting only once a week.

This week's topic revolves around the declining health and premature death announcements of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat. Even in a coma, he's been able to milk his share of headline fame for the past week or so. Now that everyone's paying attention, here are five songs for this fading foreigner:

"Goodbye Cruel World" Pink Floyd (1979)
"In My Time Of Dying" Led Zeppelin (1975)
"Leaving Here" High Numbers a.k.a. the Who (1964)
"O Death" Ralph Stanley (2000)
"Slipping Away" Rolling Stones (1989)

1 Comments:

Blogger reivax said...

I am a big fan of Led Zeppelin, today in the morning I woke up with the sound of "In my time of diyng".. Then i went to the kitchen and turn the T.V. on... Yasser was dead..
Coincidence???
I relly like your blog..it already have hited PORTUGAL...

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home