Thursday, September 16, 2004

Johnny Ramone R.I.P.

The classic pose It's TASTY too!
The sad news came late Wednesday. Johnny Ramone, iconic guitarist for the Ramones, passed away after a five-year fight with prostate cancer. In place of my regularly scheduled top five list, I would like to dedicate today's list to my favorite Ramones cuts. Share your own. Share your memories. Do YOU remember rock `n' roll radio?

"Beat On The Brat" the Ramones (1976)
"Do You Remember Rock `N' Roll Radio?" the Ramones (1980)
"I Wanna Be Sedated" the Ramones (1978)
"The KKK Took My Baby Away" the Ramones (1981)
"Pet Semetary" the Ramones (1990)

Bonus trivia: The Ramones were named after the alias Paul McCartney would sometimes use when checking into hotels during early Beatles tours... Paul Ramone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home